Five Things You Need to Know if in an Accident
There are five crucial things to do if you are in an accident:
1. Report the accident to the police. The policeman will get the address and insurance information from the other person, and will document who is at fault.
2. If injured, go directly to the emergency room. It’s important to your health, and important to have proof of the injuries you suffered because of the accident. If the accident was caused by another person, this proof will help you get payment for your injuries from their insurance company.
3. If seriously injured by another person, call your lawyer. Your lawyer can preserve the evidence and handle all the insurance issues from the start.
4. Don’t give a recorded statement. The insurance company is looking for statements it can use against you.
5. Follow up with your doctors. The law requires you to take care of your own injuries, so never delay.
Stokes & Kopitsky are highly experienced, responsive Atlanta injury attorneys who are here to help you for injuries suffered in an accident. We offer a free initial consultation, and our phones are answered 24/7. We advance all costs, and there is no fee unless and until we obtain a settlement or award for you.
Please call us toll-free at 800-700-5050 for caring, skilled legal help.