Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawyer
Many people can live a lifetime without ever being involved in a serious accident resulting in an injury. Other people are not as fortunate. When an accident or negligence results in a personal injury, an experienced attorney can be critical. At Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A., our Alpharetta personal injury lawyers have the experience to win compensation for our clients and the dedication to fully understand and support those who have been injured. With more than 30 years of experience, our clients’ trust in us is well-placed.
PERSONAL INJURIES: INSIDE THE NUMBERS
There are two key factors to look at prior to obtaining legal counsel for a personal injury: experience with the type of injury that was suffered and experience with the type of accident which caused the injury. At Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A., we have both.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, accidental or unintentional injury was the leading cause of death in all age groups between the ages of 1 and 44. Among those 45 to 54, unintentional injury was the third overall cause of death and it was the fifth-leading cause of death among 55- to 64-year-olds. In those 65 or older, accidental death due to injury placed ninth after a number of disease states, as might be expected.
The CDC’s mortality chart tells us that accidental personal injury is a very serious matter nationwide. The CDC reports that in 2011, unintentional injury resulted in more than 30 million people seeking medical treatment. This translates to 9,735 people who are accidentally injured per 100,000 in population. Clearly, this is a significant issue.
At our law firm we have experience with many types of injuries, including the following:
- Bone injuries, including breaks, fractures, dislocations and crush injuries
- Burn injuries, including scalding and chemical burns
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Internal injuries, including internal bleeding, blunt trauma, penetrating injuries and organ failure
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
EXPERIENCED ALPHARETTA PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS ON YOUR SIDE
There are many intricate aspects to building a personal injury case. Eyewitness accounts, video footage, police reports, and accident reconstruction are just some of the things we will look into. At our law firm, we have experience with many types of accidents, including:
- Auto accidents, including head-on collisions, DUI accidents, wrong-way driving, multivehicle accidents, texting-and-driving accidents
- Bicycle accidents, including crosswalk accidents, fatal accidents, inattentive driving
- Motorcycle accidents, including improper lane change accidents, failure to yield, wrong-way driving
- Premises liability, including slip, trip or fall accidents, broken stairs, dog bites, sidewalk disrepair, falling object accident
- Truck accidents, such as semi-tractor trailer accidents, rollover accidents, driver fatigue-related accidents
- Work accidents, including construction accidents, scaffold accidents, transportation accidents, falling accidents
- Wrongful death from fatal crashes, drowning, electrocution, workplace fatalities and other causes
At Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A., we work very hard and have been successful helping those in Alpharetta obtain compensation for their injuries after an accident. In extreme cases involving the loss of life, clients have enlisted us to pursue wrongful death claims.