Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A.
  • Free Consultations Available
  • ~
  • Call Us Now • No Recovery No Fee

Nine-Year-Old Girl Seriously Hurt in Hit-and-Run Accident

Accidents involving hit and run drivers can be the most stressful.  The victim feels helpless, anxiety, anger and frustration.

The Chamblee police are looking for a driver who injured a mother and her daughter, then fled the scene.  The little girl was riding her bike on the sidewalk of Chamblee Dunwoody Road when a black Ford Explorer drove over the sidewalk hitting the child and mother.  The nine-year-old was severely hurt and admitted to the hospital.

Police found the abandoned Explorer about a half mile from the accident.  The vehicle contained two bottles of beer which leads the investigating offers to believe that alcohol may have been a factor in this accident.

Hit and run accidents are becoming a more frequent event.  Sometimes a driver flees a scene out of panic of facing the consequences of the accident.  If you are involved in an accident with a hit and run driver, there are some steps that should be followed.

First, make sure everyone is okay before calling the police.  If you or someone else needs medical attention, dial 911 immediately.  Once help is on the way, try and remember the color and type of vehicle that hit you.  Write those items down along with a license plate number if you are able to get one.  You will need as much descriptive information as possible when filing a police report.

After an accident, it is hard to think clearly.  The quicker you can write down things you remember the more likely you are to recall information that can be of aid to the police.

Also look around for witnesses.  If anyone else saw the accident, get their name and telephone number.  Also write down the specific date and time.

After everything is complete at the accident scene, you may file an insurance claim.  If you have enough information about the other vehicle, and police were able to identify the vehicle, file a claim with their insurance carrier.  If you are not sure of their carrier or they did not have insurance, call your carrier to file an uninsured motorist claim.  An attorney can also help you with an uninsured motorist claim.

Accidents change lives immediately.  Stokes & Kopitsky will work with you every step of the way to help you receive compensation to make you whole again.  Call us today.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

by filling out the form below

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation