Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A. Motto
  • Free consultations available
  • ~
  • No Recovery No Fee

How to Know If You Need a Work Injury Lawyer

Worker’s Compensation

You may receive multiple benefits if you seek a claim under Worker’s Compensation in Georgia. These could be the following:

  1. Wage Benefits. Under worker’s compensation, you are entitled to a rate of two-thirds your weekly wage if you suffered a work-related injury. The method and formulation for arriving at the exact number is by averaging your wages for the 13 weeks before your accident. Under this, you can receive up to $500 per week. Any increases for cost of living can no longer be considered if the amount of the benefit has already been determined. Also, these weekly wage benefits are something that cannot be claimed unless the designated treating physician has placed you under a “No Work” status. Additionally, wage benefits can also be claimed if the doctor has stated for you to be reinstated on limited or light duty, and yet your employer refuses this.

  2. Medical Benefits. This aspect of your claim is something that is shouldered by your employer and their insurance provider. Also, the doctor should not bill you directly for any medical benefit. The benefit under this section includes prescription payments.

  3. Permanent Partial Disability. This is the most common benefit that people get from their worker’s compensation. So that your claim will still continue to be valid, you should report and inform your employer regarding your work-related injury within 30 days of incurring the injury. On top of this, you must also file with the State Board of Worker’s Compensation within one year from the date of the accident so that you can also receive a weekly disability check. If your case falls under continuous medical treatment, the claim must be filed within one year from your last treatment.

Unfortunately, in order to get any medical benefits from your employer or their insurance provider, you must go to one of their panel of doctors. These doctors are usually in-house or are located within the company’s premises. In general, you are only permitted to change from one panel doctor to another once. You only have the liberty of choosing your own doctor if your employer has failed to comply with the requirement of providing a panel of doctors.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By filling the form below

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation